Spring Sprinkler System Startup for 2012
During April and May, we recommend our spring start-up services to get your sprinkler system up and running for the season. Winter ground heaving, heavy snowfall and snow removal can all take a toll on adjustments and function of your lawn sprinkler heads. Our Spring Start-up technicians inspect for all the issues winter leaves behind. As well, from year to year your landscape changes, shrubs and trees grow and sometimes landscape is redesigned and changes. At the time of Spring Start-up we review the design of your current irrigation system in order to recommend changes or enhancements that will ensure your sprinkler system meet the needs of all of your lawn and plants in the most efficient manner. From a simple head change, to the addition of entire zones, our technicians will work with you to optimize turf and plant coverage.
We will check all the components to ensure your irrigation sprinkler system is fully functional for the watering season. This service includes:
- Turn water on to the sprinkler system and inspect sprinkler plumbing and backflow preventer.
- Where applicable, install pump, suction line, check valve, and filter (lake pump systems only).
- Activate the controller, set watering schedule and test all valves in the system. Install battery. (Battery sold separately)
- Inspect and adjust the system for proper coverage.
- Check for system leaks.
- Check function of all heads and nozzles.
- Minor repairs if time allows.
Scheduling your spring start-up depends on the weather conditions and your individual watering needs. Contact American National Sprinkler & Lighting early to schedule this service. If you're interested in having us look at your sprinkler irrigation system, contact us for a quote!